For over 100 years, this firm, founded by a husband and wife in Germany in 1910, has continued to manufacture the finest quality cutlery. They even maintained production through the two World Wars, without the slightest drop in quality. As a result of their proven dedication, the oak leaves with the letter M have become a symbol of first-class hand-forged cutlery. In addition to the enclosed half handles, which characterize the quintessence of hand-forged cutlery, the parts are made from stainless chrome-vanadium steel forged from one piece, which helps to reduce abrasion, oxidation, and corrosion. Though the firm originally only produced forks and knives, the introduction of a spoon lead to diversification, and the creation of several varieties of dessert, fruit, and serving cutlery.