This kettle is made of copper that has very good heat conductivity and is naturally anti bacterial. It is also known as breaking up chlorine in the water. The surface of kettle has a wax coating to avoid oxidation during trasporting so before your first use, wash the wax off with mild soap on a non-abrasive sponge. Enjoy a gradual color change to amber color as it gets oxidized. Always fill the water at least just at the spout level. Be careful not to boil an empty kettle. This will result a broken spout, handle and lid and the cause of fire. The lid should be on and the handle right upwards at all times when boiling.
Not compatible with an electric stove top.